Founded in 1987, on Roosevelt Avenue in the vibrant heart of Jackson Heights, the law firm of Peña & Kahn has grown to be a might hammer for our community to use when they are unjustly injured — a hammer of justice for the individual.
Strengthened by its connection to the people who lived in Queens and in the Bronx, the firm is one of New York's leading personal injury litigation groups today, with three offices to serve clients across the region.
Our mission at Peña & Kahn, PLLC, is to obtain compensation for people who have been seriously harmed through the negligence of others.
Turning Slip-and-Fall and Other Claims Into Healing Restitution
Peña & Kahn takes almost every kind of case in which people are injured:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Whether you were in a car, a bus or a truck, on a motorcycle or a bicycle, or just walking down the street, we represent clients who have been injured in any type of transportation accident.
- Construction and Workplace Accidents: Where a worker is injured at a construction site falling from a ladder a roof or a scaffolding, or other worksite injury
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Where a person is injured on another party’s premises
- Medical Malpractice: Where a health care provider’s care has failed to meet accepted standards by failing to diagnose a serious illness, or failing to follow proper medical procedures
- Defective Product Cases: Where a products failure leads to serious injury. This includes defective products such as dangerous toys, improperly designed machinery harmful prescription drugs, electrical appliances, power tools and automobiles
- Other Personal Injury Claims: We also handle many other types of personal injury claims, including injuries sustained in schools, nursing homes and day care centers, injuries resulting from assaults and abuse, devastating injuries sustained as a result of a drunk driver as well as brain injuries and birth trauma.
- Peña & Kahn is also experienced in the area Aviation Law. Our firm successfully represented families of victims of American Airlines flight 587 which crashed in Belle Harbor New York shortly after take off from J.F.K. airport on November 12, 2001. Aviation litigation involves complex legal issues and it is important to have a lawyer who understands those issues.
Personal Injury Lawyers in the Bronx and Queens Since 1987
Personal injury might be called The People's Law, because it is one of the few ways in which everyday people can stand face to face with large insurance carriers and demand — and receive — compensation for wrongs done to them.
Under the law, if you are injured as a result of someone's negligence, you are entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost earnings.
Car Accident Lawyers Who Win for Clients in Queens and the Bronx
It is important to know that Peña & Kahn, PLLC, works for you on a contingency basis. This means you pay us nothing until we produce a positive result for you. We work together with clients as a team — you providing the information about your injury and us providing the legal knowledge and strategy — to win judgments that benefit us both.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of someone else, our attorneys may be able to obtain compensation for you. Call us, or use this online e-mail form.
1250 Waters Place
557 Grand Concourse
88-19 Roosevelt Avenue